Konstituisan Savet dece MODS-a i izrađen Strateški plan MODS-a
In the period 22nd – 25th of May 2014, Open Club organized training „Participation and children activism – forming of Council of Children of MODS“ in Sokobanja. Training participants were children aged 14 to 16 years, representatives of organizations members if MODS. The aim of the training was to increase awareness about the child rights among children, particularly about the right on participation and public advocacy. Training was also aimed at empowerment and additional motivation of children for active participation in the local community.
Main training result was establishment of the Council of Children of MODS, which will ensure more active participation of children in the future work of MODS and their participation in the public advocacy campaigns. The newly elected Council of Children consists of the following seven members:
1. Mila Erakovic, Council President (Friends of Children of Serbia, Belgrade);
2. Petar Brajkovic, Council Secretary (Association for Development of Children and Youth – OPEN CLUB, Nis);
3. Petar Micic, member (Association of Children and Youth Zajecar, Zajecar);
4. Ana Stambolic, member (Uzice Center for Child Rights, Uzice);
5. Ivan Vasic, member (Association for Development of Children and Youth – OPEN CLUB, Nis);
6. Jana Djordjevic, member (Association KOKORO – Bor, Bor);
7. Branko Dujin, member (PAAD Center for Socio-cultural Excellences, Novi Becej).
In the same period „Meeting for defining of strategic guidelines of MODS“ was also held in Sokobanja. Representatives of organizations, members of MODS were working on the new MODS strategy for the period 2014 – 2017. Strategy includes planning within the programming, management and organizational field. Priority fields of action in the forthcoming period will be child safety, social inclusion and reduction of child poverty, improvement of education, health policies and participation of children.
Training „Participation and children activism – forming of Council of Children of MODS“ as well as „Meeting for defining of strategic guidelines of MODS“ were organized as a part of the project „Future Fit for Children“, implemented by the Association for Development of Children and Youth – Open Club, within the „Civil Society Forward“ programme of Institute for Sustainable Communities – ISC and USAID.
The long term goal of the project is the Fund for social inclusion of children with the aim to achieve more efficient coordination and use of domestic resources and EU funds intended for social inclusion of vulnerable and multiple-marginalized groups of children.
More information about the project “Future Fit for Children” is available at this link.